NRM is working hard to reduce our Carbon Footprint!
What are we doing?
- As we manage large portfolio within Norwich City Centre, property managers are walking / biking to carry out inspections and meetings where possible
- Hand delivering notices to residents (reducing need for envelopes / postage network)
- Communicating with leaseholders and owners via email (where leases/TP1’s allow)
- All documentation issued is available on NRM Portal.
- Working with developments to upgrade lighting to LED’s. We have managed on a number developments over the past two years to reduce electricity cost enough to cover the initial outlay of the new light fittings. So dramatic saving are being seen year on year (along with reduced maintenance costs of not changing light bulbs).
- Changing lighting from on dust to dawn (or in some cases 24/7) to microwave sensors so only on when residents in stairwells.
- Grounds Maintenance contractor has invested in composting equipment to ensure all garden waste is recycled and reused.
- Pushing Direct Debit scheme – This reduces the carbon output of receiving cheques (postal costs for customer, internal processing for auditing requirements and visiting bank every day).